It’s here. My much-teased podcast. I hope you enjoy it!
The first episode of the Movies Silently Podcast with host Fritzi Kramer and special guest Christopher Bird. I am being hosted over at The 25th Frame, which has a lot of wonderful, geeky podcasts and you can also click that “subscribe” button if you want to be informed specifically of my new podcasts.
Also, Patreon backers get early podcast access and other exclusive goodies.
Special thanks to William Remmers for Jazz Vampire, Evgeniy for helping with Russian pronunciation and Felicitas for helping with German. Be sure to get in touch if you are interested in offering pronunciation help as well!
Post-interview, Chris did some checking and there were TWO nitrate fires at the venue. Also, he asked around and there are indeed new chemically tinted prints still being made right now, which is incredibly exciting. Finally, the Queen documentary Chris is co-directing was officially announced yesterday, so we can share a few more details. It’s called The Show Must Go On and American viewers can catch it on ABC in April.
I tried to keep this in the order that they came up in the podcast.
- The Hands of Orlac (1924)
- Sparrows (1926)
- Tinting and Toning Samples
- Behind the Door (1919)
- Motion Picture Photography (1921)
- Paris Movie Theater Fire
- Cinema Paradiso (1988)
- Cyrano de Bergerac (1925)
- Within Our Gates (1920)
- Alice in Wonderland (1915) (union busting industrialist)
- Kidnapped: A Complete 1917 Night at the Movies (self-plug for my release!)
- The Cat and the Canary (1927)
- Napoleon (1927)
- Monty Python Intermission
- At Home Among Strangers (1974)
- A Slave of Love (1976)
- Screening the Poor
- CECIL HEPWORTH ROCKS!
- The Great Divide (1915)
- Brute Island (1914)
- The Golden Chance (1915)
- Kindling (1915)
- David Harum (1915)
- Joan the Woman (1917)
- The Ascent (1977)
- Surrender (1927)
- Lion of the Moguls (1924)
- Burning Crucible (1923)
- When I was Michael Strogoff by Ivan Mosjoukine
- The Man with the Twisted Lip (1921)
- Queen Rock the World (2018)
Our Film Picks:
The Czar’s Ball in Michael Strogoff:
Like what you’re reading? Please consider sponsoring me on Patreon. All patrons will get early previews of upcoming features, exclusive polls and other goodies.